The Wishlist Donation Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Several Kinds of Stuff

Go down

Several Kinds of Stuff Empty Several Kinds of Stuff

Post by Alina_Mau Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Chapters

Chapter One

Chapter Two

Chapter Three

Characters

Merui and Derek
Spoiler:

Shiro
Spoiler:

Christian
Spoiler:

FionaWings
Spoiler:

Last edited by Alina_Mau on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 15 times in total
Alina_Mau
Alina_Mau
Admin

http://www.alinamausmystics.myadopts.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Several Kinds of Stuff Empty Re: Several Kinds of Stuff

Post by Alina_Mau Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:34 pm

It's the first day of school and I feel....low. I've never been one to have high self esteem or be a "social butterfly" but this wasn't the same. For the past week, ever since I've moved to this new town, I've been getting a really bad feeling int he mornings. Only the mornings though, after eleven I usually feel fine. I've been forced to travel a lot in my life, so by now first days of school in a new school was pretty normal for me but this, this was different. I felt like an animal with its tail between its legs as I walked into the school.

I went right to my locker. The day before, the principle had been kind enough to give me a tour of the school, so I knew where things were and how they worked. Everyone seemed so excited, greeting each other with smiles and hugs. It felt normal for me to see no one I knew but I didn't really care, they were the last thing on my mind. I opened my locker and started arranging things in, double checking my schedule to make sure I had everything I needed with me for my first few classes. I was a junior in High School now, no need to be running around for missing things on my first day, I felt like people thought I was weird enough already. That was pretty normal though, being the new kid is always like you've just landed from mars, and that you might want to eat babies.
A red head passing by kisses her boyfriend and pops over next to me, opening the locker to my right.

"Hey, you're the new girl right?," she flashed an exceptionally charming smile and shook my hand.

"Am I that obvious?" I laughed but I was cringing inside.

"Well, as a senior, dating the schools vice president, I kinda knew to be expecting a new girl and I've yet to see you around! I kinda just guessed," she gave a laugh, she seemed nice enough.

"I'm Alina, by the way, I just moved here last week so, everything is still pretty new."

"Oh wow, I bet! I'm Merui, and that dork over there is Derek," Merui proceeds to make an overly excited wave in the direction of a tall, blonde guy with red steaks in his bangs. "He's kinda the cutest thing ever," she giggles. She quickly finishes her locker sorting and runs off with Derek.

I finish my locker sorting with a slower pace, I have no where to really be or go, other than class, of course. I wander down the still crowded hallways and make my way to my first class. The bell rings and the teacher introduces me as class begins, I give a tiny wave to everyone as they all turn and look at me. The classrooms all seem to be fitted with 2 person desks and I find myself sitting next to student with a rather distant, serious expression on his face. He seemed pretty cute, brown hair that slightly hung in his face, brown eyes, and a bit lanky, a personal favorite. He quickly glanced over at me and blushed slightly, I felt like I was staring and I quickly looked the other way, my face feeling hot as I did so.

"H-hey, I'm Shiro," he whispered.

"Hi," I shake his offered hand and find myself drawn to his eyes again, they were hard to read.

The teacher began strong into his lecture and Shiro began taking notes in his ledger. I relax into my chair and listen, almost closing my eyes as I do so. I feel a slight touch on my arm and open my eyes to find Shiro looking at me.

"You awake?" he whispered.

"Ya, I'm fine, I just listen better when I don't see," I give a smile and he relaxes a bit and smiles, returning to his notes.

He seemed so...sweet. It was almost annoying, like no one could really be that honestly caring in less then ten minutes. Maybe he just knew what it was to be the new kid, it wasn't totally uncommon to meet people with that kind of understanding. I couldn't help but look at him every once in a while, there was just something about him. The bell rang and we all moved onto our next classes like disjointed, panicky, herds of sheep. I almost collided into someone while making it to my next class. I look up to see Shiro's eyes looking into mine.

"This is your class too?" he smiled gently and gestured for me to enter before him.

"Y-yea. I, uh, I'm pretty sure it is, anyway," I gave a nervous laugh but I suddenly felt so awkward, I swallowed hard and I could feel my face flushing.

"Here, let me see your schedule, I can help," He smiled sweetly and I handed him the piece of paper. He looked it over with a bit of a frown.

"Everything alright?"

"Mmm....Ya actually," his expression brightened suddenly. "We share all of the same classes, just stick with me and I can help you," his face instantly turned bright red. "I-if you want I mean, you don't have to!" he turned away and shuffled awkwardly.

"I'd love to not get lost," I said with a laugh. This seemed to help a bit. "I'd appreciate it very much," I said quietly, looking up at him. He wasn't too much taller than my 5'5" but enough, probably a good 3 or 4 inches taller.

"Then consider me your host of the day," he said quietly and smiled. We walked together to the nearest empty table.

The rest of the day sped on, Shiro and I walked together to our classes and during lunch we sat together in the class room to eat. After eating I decided to go to my locker to switch out my books for my next classes.

"Would you like me to go with you?" Shiro said, having finished eating.

"Sure, I don't mind," I grabbed my bag and we headed down the hall together.

We reached my locker and were talking about our last class when an arm wraps around my waist, the smell of cigarette smoke seemed to hang in the air.

"Well, well, what have we here?" A tall, blonde, scruffy looking boy had his arm tightly around my waist, pulling me away from my locker, and Shiro.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" I blurted out, trying to push him away.

"Leave her alone, Christian," Shiro's voice was low, his face was grim.

"Don't call me that you little fuck! It's Chris and now that you know my name, what's yours? You're far too pretty for me to not know," holding me closer, he looked into my eyes, and laughed as I started to blush.

"Get your damn hands off of me," I hissed and wrenched his arm off me, pushing him away.

"That doesn't answer my question, unless of course you'd rather I came up with a name for you," he smirked and leaned against the locker next to me.

"Screw you," I gave him a death glare and slammed my locker shut, narrowly missing his fingers.

"Ooo, you're a fiesty one, princess, I like that about you," he tried once again to wrap his arm around me and instead got my bag full of books swung into his stomach, I was sad that I had aimed so high.

Shiro quickly slipped his arm around my waist and began directing me down the hallway as the bell rang. You could hear Chris still coughing from the impact of my bag.

"God, I can't stand that bastard," Shiro mumbled under his breath.

"I can't imagine why," I said sarcastically. Shiro gave me a surprised look and we both laughed together.

We made it to our next class right as the bell rang, forcing us to have to sit apart at whatever seats were available. I couldn't help but look at him all through class, and I couldn't stop thinking about that asshole, why the hell would anyone just do that? I found myself idly doodling on the hand out each of the students were given, idly doodling sheep of all things. It just kinda seemed like a sheepy kind of day I guess. I made one look like me and one look like Shiro. I liked Shiro Sheep, he was cute with his little sheepy hoodie and headphones. My sheep had petite glasses and sheepy bangs, my hair is long and straight but really, that doesn't translate to sheep very well. After our classes and the last bell rings, we talk about the different classes and our new teachers as we walk out of the school together.

"Which bus do you take?" I ask as I scan for the one that I was told to look for for my street.

"Oh, I walk home, I'm about a ten minute walk from here," Shiro points in the direction of a high end housing district.

"Wow, there's some really nice houses down that way," I said with a bit more surprise than intended.

"Oh, uh, y-yeah, I guess so," he shrugged and looked at the ground. He shuffled his feet, kicking a pebble on the ground and I giggled.

"Well, hey, thanks a lot for helping me out today, it was really nice of you," I quickly give him a small hug and his whole face turns red.

"I-it's no problem, really!" he stutters, his face totally shocked.

"Well, if that's the case, I hope to have a guide tomorrow too!" I give him a wink.

"I'd be honored," he bows his head slightly and we exchange meaningful looks before we fall into awkwardness with many averted gazes and much foot shuffling.

After we say our goodbyes, I quickly hop onto my bus. Taking a seat, I stare out the window as Shiro walks off towards his house.

Last edited by Alina_Mau on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:21 pm; edited 9 times in total
Alina_Mau
Alina_Mau
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina_Mau Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:11 am

I finally get home to find no one there, again. I find no note left on the kitchen table, so I pull out a few ingredients, making my own dinner. My mother had been fighting with cancer for over a year now and my father spends all of his time at the hospital with her. I'm fine with it though, I'm seventeen, I'm old enough to take care of myself. I never really got along with my father anyway, living alone with him just means some petty argument about nothing constantly anyway. I fed my cat, Oliver, and settled down to dinner. Thinking about today made my head spin, it felt like too much for one day, but at the same time, it has been an interesting day.

I clean up after dinner and take care of what little homework we got for the first day. I've never been one to ecxel, but I was labeled a genius at a young age and I've never had trouble with homework. After finishing up that and packing everything away for school the next day, I log onto an MMORPG called Rivenwell Online.

I had a level 12 Demon, named NightBlood, A grey skinned creature with purple ram horns and a big, poofy, black fox tail. My characters eyes were violet and I had little vampire fangs. The art for the game was quite chibi and cute, I liked this about it. I had played solo thus far as I didn't really have anyone to play with, so I did a lot of running around. I played for a while, reaching level 19, before I somehow wound up in a dungeon finding no way out without completing it. This wouldn't normally be a problem, I had built my character as a tank and so far had been fairing pretty well, but this was a level 25 dungeon and I was dangerously low on potions. I hack and slash my way through a good half of the level, on twelve potions, and even found the dungeon map, allowing me to at least know where I was going. I went down one tunnel to find a dead end with an incredibly large monster, a monster who decided that I didn't really need to be holding those twelve potions, and that he should help me find a way to use them as fast as possible.

With a quarter health left and no potions to be spoken of, I find that I've still only taken down half of the beasts health and I know I'm going to die. Accepting defeat was never really a preference of mine, but it would mean freedom from a dungeon I had never meant to enter, so I was willing to take the beating of a life time since I had no real alternative. With one large swat I'm knocked back, and with fifty health left, one more hit and I'm dead. Suddenly a green glow surrounds my character and my health is completely restored!

"Would you mind a bit of help? ^_^;;" A level 58 player of the Angel race asks, her name is FionaWings.

"The more the merrier! D;"

"Aren't you a bit low in level to be here? O_O;;"

"I got trapped in here and now I can't leave ;^;"

"Ah, don't worry about it, I'll help!"

:FionaWings joins your party:

With the two of us together, make quick work of the beast and we have fun chatting and slashing through the dungeon. After we finish off the boss monster the two of us are teleported back to the nearest town.

"Thanks so much, Fiona! That was actually a lot of fun once I stopped being murdered! XD"

"Haha, it's no problem at all, I had a lot of fun too. ^o^"

"You're a really high level OoO How long have you been playing?"

"Longer than my level gives away actually. I used to play a lot with a friend of mine, but then she started dating someone and now she really only plays with him. TT_TT I really only play when I get bored now."

"Daww, I know what that's like :< ....I know :D"

:NightBlood has sent a friend request:

"I'll play wit chu ^o^ I'm really only playing because I was asked to join some special team for some super secret project coming up >.>;; Having someone to play with would actually keep me playing XD"

:FionaWings accepts your friend request:

"That would be fun. ^_^ Thanks! I need to go now though, school tomorow."

Looking at the clock I realize it's now 11:30.

"Omigosh, it IS late I should go tooooo ;o; It was fun meeting you, I hope we can play together soon! ^w^"

We exchange goodbyes and I quickly log off, brush my teeth and dive into bed. Five minutes after I turn off the light, I hear the car pull into the driveway and my father walk up the stairs, to his room. I feel bad, he's so close to her, it must be so hard for him to go through all of this. He has become gradually more and more quiet and reclusive. Even when he tries to start a fight with me, it doesn't really last long. He never really tells me what's going on though, so It's hard for me to know how to feel, most of the time I just try not to think about it.

I turn over and cuddle into my pillow, two friends in one day, it's probably the most productive first day of school ever.

- ~~~ -

I bolt up out of a deep sleep, it's not like me to have nightmares, not anymore anyway. I curl up into a ball for a few seconds before pulling out my sketch book. I flip through the pages to a blank page and begin drawing. I was quite good at drawing, though few people knew that I drew at all. I found myself drawing NightBlood and FionaWings, The angel/demon complex made them a fun pair. After I was satisfied that the girls were pretty enough, I finally shut off the lights and lay back down. I drifted off to sleep wondering what will happen tomorrow.

Last edited by Alina_Mau on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Alina_Mau
Alina_Mau
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alina_Mau Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 am

The next morning I stretch up and shut off my alarm, again I feel like hell. I sit up to find that i fell asleep with my sketchbook and I look again at the image I drew. I admire it for just a second, then quickly toss it into my bag and get ready for school. I skip breakfast as I always do and head out to the bus stop. I see my dads car pull out of the driveway and stop at the curb in front of me with the window open.

"Get in, I'll take you to school," his face was glum, pained even, I got int he car without a word.

Most of the car ride was silent

I had decided to stay after school to work on some homework, my house was far from peaceful so I knew nothing productive was going to happen there. There was a group of teachers that chose to stay after school for students to have study sessions and the principle told me that as long as I told them, I could study in the theater. The drama club had been suspended due to budget cuts and there seemed to be no music groups in the school, so the theater was generally never used. Most kids seemed to either not like it or not know it existed though, since when I arrived, I found no one there.

I dropped my bag into one of the seats and, clutching my sketch pad, I decided to start exploring. I turned on the stage lights and pulled back the large curtains. I took center stage and it felt like...home. As a child I spent a lot of time on stage and behind stage as well, but that was ages ago now. I wandered around a bit and peeked through a door back stage to find that it was the old theater storage room. I tried the knob to find the door open and I rummaged about, finding old costumes and stage props. After I had fulfilled my curiosity, I decided to put in my earbuds and listen to my Ipod. I settled down on the floor of the stage and began to sketch. Few people even knew that a could draw, let alone how frequently I did. I needed to draw those eyes, they haunted me and I loved it as much as I hated it. As a quiet person I was used to observing people and I found them easy to read. Shiro on the other hand, he was complex, and he seemed to avoid eye contact, making him even more difficult.

I frequently hummed to the music, sometimes even absent-mindedly singing along and I drew the face I had seen all day. I couldn't draw something if I was looking at it, my brain just doesn't work that way. Sometimes even weeks later, after seeing something, I'm suddenly inspired to draw it with an endless determination. I had been longing to draw him all day though, I suppose in an attempt to finally figure out what about him seemed so......unique. Something about him was comfortable for me, something about him was special. I shook off the thoughts, it's far too soon to be thinking about such things, he was cute and nice, and that was all the reason necessary to draw him.

His face quickly took shape and, after giving a rough outline of his hair, I quickly settled into his eyes. They were all I could really think about and I frequently found myself closing my eyes, just to swim in them within my mind. They were strange and yet familiar, something about them instilled trust and yet held longing, of what kind, I couldn't tell. It has been said that the eyes are the windows to the soul, and as a person who can read them, I find that overwhelmingly true. Shiro had eyes that seemed like they wanted to tell me everything, but could say nothing, like a hostage in plain sight.

I suddenly felt someone watching and I jumped when I realized that the eyes I've been drawing were staring right at me.

"I'm sorry, did I scare you?" Shiro looked concerned as he hopped onstage.

"Uh, n-no! No I, uh, I just didn't hear you is all," I quickly changed the page of my sketch book to a sakura branch I had drawn when I woke up in the middle of the night, last night.

"I tried to say something but you were listening to your music and your eyes seemed to be closed," he gave an apologetic smile and I gestured for him to sit.

"It's fine, I always tend to get a bit lost when I draw," I gave a bit of a laugh and began flipping through the pages of the book quickly, trying to make it seem like it was totally normal for me to change the page in an absolute panic.

"Can I look?" he flushed slightly and I looked in his eyes as he did, making him blush even harder. "Y-you don't have to, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked," he was so panicked I had to laugh.

It's fine,really, here," I closed the book and handed it to him, hoping he wouldn't start looking from the middle, or work backwards.

"If you're sure," he took the book gingerly from my hands and opened the cover like it was some kind of ancient relic book. He flipped through several pages without a word and I started to get nervous. "You're amazing," he said quietly.

"You really think so?!" I flushed at the thought of such a complement.

"Well, ya, this is incredible! I can't believe that you would question that," he looked almost hurt.

"I don't know, I don't really think about it too much, I don't really show people what I draw, or write for that matter."

"you write too?" he seemed genuinely curious, something about him always felt so...caring, like I'd known him forever.

"Uh, ya, I should have a couple poems in the book there, I usually write them online in my own forum thing though," I shrug but I'm enjoying the feeling of having a friend, and not just a friend that I made today, but a friend I feel like I've known forever. Something about him was just special.

A teacher opens the door of the theater and tells us to wrap up as the late buses will be arriving soon and everyone is going home. Shiro helps me pick up and I turn off the lights and close the curtains of the stage. We talk about the different classes and our new teachers as we walk out of the school.

"You should show me your house sometime. I love the houses in that area, they've got wonderful architecture," I smiled and clutched my sketch pad to my chest.

"T-that would be nice," he looked absolutely shocked that I would suggest that he and I spend time together outside of school but his expression quickly changed to happiness. "I'd really like that," he smiled and blushed slightly, looking at his shoes.

We said our goodbyes and I quickly hop onto my bus and take a seat, staring out the window as Shiro walks off towards his house.
Alina_Mau
Alina_Mau
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum